6.08.2007

Big Sisters

Oh my goodness, God is amazing. I feel overwhelmed tonight with his love for me and my love for him. It's the greatest feeling. Just that feeling of being filled up. Oh Lord I love itttt!
Today was an interesting day, I ended up feeling really really sick earlier in the day. I had a border-line migraine from about 12:00-5:00 and really was not feeling up for anything. I took a nap for a long time, woke up to eat yogurt mill, then went right back to sleep. As a result of eating then sleeping I got this stomach ache that was a drag on top of the nausea from the head ache. And this was a day I have been looking forward to for two weeks. Our last small group at the Aubrey home with Heather Hoffman and Kayla as our leaders. Plus, our favorite big sisters (in Christ), Gale and Lori (who are in their 40's--thus having so much more wisdom than us youngin's) came to eat with us, pray for us, and just hang out. It was so awesome and I would have been devastated had I not made it. But by the Lord's mercy my headache went away (!) although I was still just feeling a bit shaky, nauseous. But compared to what I felt like earlier it was great!
It was sad too, though. I know I hadn't been in the small group as long as all the rest of the girls, but this was an enormously big year for me and I would never ever have grown as much as I have if I had not met these girls and given the opportunity to join the family they'd made for themselves. They were all truly the biggest blessing in my life. To not see them every Friday will be difficult and as Heather was fighting back tears as she announced that she felt God calling her to a different ministry, I think we all shared the fight with her. I know I had a "cry box" in my throat. Shoot.
But the biggest blessing tonight was receiving wisdom, advice, and love from Lori. What an amazing woman of the Lord! During prayer time I went and asked her to pray for me, in particular for guidance when it comes to leadership opportunities (jr. high leader and high school small group leader as well as kids club--a third grade group all to myself...!). I'm struggling with knowing which ones to take and which ones to turn down. I am doing the Jr. High girls group, which I'm excited about. I met my girls tonight and they seem reallly fun! But anyway, Lori just had the words I needed to hear. And as she grabbed my hands I felt power and peace and love. It's still with me and it's so great. We talked about some other things that I likely won't disclose here, and honestly the things we talked about are what really helped me a lot. I just feel better. I feel lighter and more equipped. Ultimately, I just need to go pray. I'm craving time with the Lord right now, but I wanted to get a little of this down before this amazing night leaves me. All in all, I really love big sister nights and the words of wisdom and comfort God gives these women of faith to give to us. So amazing. So beautiful. So, so beautiful.

This is my theme passage of the week, maybe month, maybe year: James 1:2-8 "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

3 comments:

Kayla said...

I am going to miss small group so much! And I will definatly keep praying for wisdom for you. That verse is AMAZING! I was writting last night and I realized that I often find myself praying and expecting to not hear anything back. I felt so bad when I realized it. I'm so faithless sometimes. But I'm fixing that. So, I'm really glad that you put that verse on your post:)

Kayla said...

Hey... You would be doing a 3rd grade group alone? As in you're the only one...?

Courtney Day said...

I am glad it was encouraging. In fact, I have some more encouraging thoughts for you next time I see you. We should go to coffee or something so I can tell you about it :) I was just listening to this song and thinking, wow, Kayla is being blessed...I wonder if she knows it?
Anyway, the third grade group: Allie said at Kid's Club they break off into groups and I would have the third graders, they give us a bible study lesson to go over really quick, and then we're done and they worship/play games. It doesn't look like I'm going to have time to do it though, unfortunately.