3.08.2008

6 (03.07.08) : Water balloons

Today was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining and the air was just the right amount of crisp and warmth. The clouds painted the sky lightly here and there but other than that it was blue as ever and the flowers were all bloomed and the grass and hills were all lush and green because of the rain we've had recently. But not today. Today was amazing.
We had class outside and I got a bit tan (: which makes me feel happy and healthy, not so washed out by winter. I think I'm ready for summer now. I was loving the rain, but I'm ready for the ocean again.
Today I came home and made myself lunch and sat outside on a curb in the sun and eventually Quinn came out to play. We made it our mission to fill up a water balloon. We made many failed attempts but finally succeeded.
After many many pictures and lots of fun I finally chose the one above for my picture of the day (:
I hope tomorrow is as good as today was.
Though tomorrow I have to think about scholarships and sewing and making money. I don't want to think about money tomorrow. I just want to play with water balloons and walk around the cul-de-sac with no shoes on and Quinner pulling at my hand instructing me to walk this way and that and to do this and that.
But I'm broke and I have bills to pay now. That sounds so dumb. Like I'm trying to make them up. And it stinks because I'm not. And I've run out of money because I've been lazy at my "business". So now I have to pick up the slack and wonder how long it will last this time...if I can just make it until I can get a job at the college library then I should be okay. I just don't want another job. So I guess I have to try to apply myself to the job I've made for myself--the one I can wear my pajamas too and that I can do at all hours of the day or night if I really pleased. It's an open office in this room of mine where I can make magic happen but often times put it off for the tomorrow or next weekend that rolls right into never.
I guess I don't want to grow up after all.
And I'd really rather not pay for college.

I've been thinking it's funny that I'm a pretty content person as I am, living in this house (which is amazing, I think) but as soon as I step foot into a store with nicer things than I have I want them. What a temptation. Usually it doesn't last.
I was at Lowe's the other day looking at sinks with my mom. They have these new (new to me, perhaps not really new...but I haven't seen them before!) ones with an actual bowl...like it could look like one you eat out of but really big--maybe a fancy thick salad or punch powl, placed ontop of a flat counter. So these sink bowls, the outside of them, you can see, so they can be decorated and different looking and actually be a focal point of the bathroom. I thought it was really neat and I really wanted one for my future house someday. Then I looked at the price and the one I liked--just the bowl--not even the counter top or cupboards underneath--was nearly $1,000. So I was thinking, well, I'll just marry a rich guy...or write a best selling novel and go on book tours before I have kids. Psh! I came home later and seriously who really cares about a sink bowl. You wash your dirty hands in it and you spit toothpaste in it when you're done brushing the plaque off your pearly whites. Who cares about a sink bowl.

I'm not sure what that had to do with much of anything and I don't know what kind of sink bowl I will have when I get older, but sometimes I care and sometimes I don't. I have nice things though. I am biased because I am already well off. Oh who knows.
It's late and I don't want to waste sunshine tomorrow.
Goodnight (:

No comments: