12.06.2007

Out of the Mainstream Beauty


I want to take
Photographs
Of life’s great schemes
Toss them around in a big wooden bowl
With salad dressing the taste of beauty

Would you come with me
On this out of the mainstream
Journey
To forever

We can write everything down
The odd little sounds
The door makes on our way out
The sound of the morning dew on the grass
And the last sip of coffee that will just have to last

Along our journey
To forever

Would you come with me
On this out of the mainstream
Journey
To far beyond
What the eye can perceive
in a glimpse of grotesque reality

We can take notes
On the palates of our hearts
To keep for eternity
And share with the souls
Intertwined with freedom
As we are

Along our journey
To forever
And so much more.
-----------
All I've wanted to do lately is sit and write. Or draw. But mostly write. And sing and play guitar.

This poem came from the thinking that people don't see beauty. It's everywhere...life is a never ending process of beauty. You don't have to travel over seas to see something exquisite. Use your imagination--don't just walk by life not realizing that you are held captive, in this vast universe, by beautiful things all day--you are intertwined with it, whether you like it or not, and yet you are free to see it whenever you please. The ugly things can be beautiful. Something so simple can be poetic and come alive!--as long as you don't write it off as artistically dead to begin with.

Sometimes I wish people saw life through my eyes.
Other times I know they'd think I was constantly insane.
So come on this journey with me...if you dare...to twist things a little and see them as beautiful.

2 comments:

Tommy said...

gah you're amazing! I so wish my songs and poems had depth like yours. I'll come with ya, if ya don't mind that is. I'm always up for an adventure, no mater what!

Oh and P.S.
A lot of the world, especially myself, wishes that we could see what you see, and think what you think. Like I said, you're amazing!

Courtney Day said...

thanks my friend :)