Since when do we feel like
They ought to be accompanied by armed guards?
What has this world come to
Do you hear what I’m asking you
What do we subject our young ones to
There’s drugs, sex, and rock and roll
When do you plan to tell them
That they can all takes their less than pleasant toll
Without asking politely
Without asking their permission (at all)

You see
They can slip so easily into the world’s latest religion
While I was on my way to class today, Quinn (3 years old) ran out her front door yelling Sharon, Sharon! Then, Courtney, Courtney! After she could see who I really was...and she came up and she gave me a huge hug. That girl is the sweetest thing. She is so uplifting, even at just 3...I know she will be a great encourager to so many around her when she's older. I can see part of her gifts at just 3 years old. But if those gifts are hindered by the enemy in her life...by not knowing the Lord at all...by just slipping into the world's latest fads, religions, mindsets, etc....she would be so cheated. As would all of us.
I just sat down with my guitar and started playing that Am, C, G, D picking pattern. It's not going anywhere immediately, so I guess that's all for now. But I thought I'd post it for kicks.
And to say that I'm having a slightly melancholy, minor-chord kind of day. Hah

No comments:
Post a Comment