11.29.2007
Paintings and Poetry
Paintings are like poems without words. Beyond the surface they can mean so much more. Yet to most it is easier to express oneself using words and metaphors--things we can understand rather than...see and then comprehend. In black and white, often, it is easier to come to a result. I have the utmost respect and gratitude to those who use their art to convey a sense of meaning where people can see it and feel it at the same time. Using their imagination, putting themselves in the picture...painting, drawing, photograph. I wish I had more of a gifting like this. I wish I had more of a motivation to paint life, as I see it, on a blank canvas. Perhaps my view of life is currently skewed. Nonetheless...someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
man, even your thoughts amaze me! I've always liked your paintings, and poetry. I don't get to see much often though
yes, i'm basically lazy and haven't created too much of anything for far too long now.
soon, perhaps :)
haha just let me know
Post a Comment