I didn't do anything today besides find old poems or songs I'd written and record them with my guitar and this old microphone I found and plugged into my laptop. I didn't do any studying (though my college finals are all through and high school finals don't start till Monday). I went to church, too...and I can't help but wonder.
I've always loved to write lyrics and poems. I've been in love with music for a few solid years now. I never thought I would switch schools and go to college a year and a half early with people I didn't know at all. I never thought I would lead a high school small group and give lessons just fine. I never thought I'd be able to speak, to meet new people. Now, I never think I'll be able to sing or share my thoughts with the world via songs...but who says it's
impossible? If I would have stuck to my belief that it was impossible for me to leave high school early, I wouldn't be where I am today. If I would have stuck to my belief that it was impossible for me to articulate biblical principles to folks my own age, I wouldn't be leading a small group. If I would have stuck to my belief that I would never be able to meet new people and introduce myself to strangers, I never would have met the best friends I have today. So why ought I stick to this belief that it's impossible for me to sing and play my guitar and share my messages through songs? It's not impossible. Well, it is. It has been because for years I have been so reserved and won't sing or play infront of anyone. Perhaps it's time to just let the Lord use me, even here. I suppose he can use me in any way...if I just let myself be open to it...and so very vulnerable. Which scares the living daylights out of me. My songs and poems are my heart laid bare. This is terrifying!
There is alsoalways that little looming possibility that I could just entirely suck at singing and no one would tell me....blast. :P
~cday
I've always loved to write lyrics and poems. I've been in love with music for a few solid years now. I never thought I would switch schools and go to college a year and a half early with people I didn't know at all. I never thought I would lead a high school small group and give lessons just fine. I never thought I'd be able to speak, to meet new people. Now, I never think I'll be able to sing or share my thoughts with the world via songs...but who says it's
impossible? If I would have stuck to my belief that it was impossible for me to leave high school early, I wouldn't be where I am today. If I would have stuck to my belief that it was impossible for me to articulate biblical principles to folks my own age, I wouldn't be leading a small group. If I would have stuck to my belief that I would never be able to meet new people and introduce myself to strangers, I never would have met the best friends I have today. So why ought I stick to this belief that it's impossible for me to sing and play my guitar and share my messages through songs? It's not impossible. Well, it is. It has been because for years I have been so reserved and won't sing or play infront of anyone. Perhaps it's time to just let the Lord use me, even here. I suppose he can use me in any way...if I just let myself be open to it...and so very vulnerable. Which scares the living daylights out of me. My songs and poems are my heart laid bare. This is terrifying!There is alsoalways that little looming possibility that I could just entirely suck at singing and no one would tell me....blast. :P
~cday

6 comments:
I am positive that you don't suck at singing. I mean, I've never heard you... but I'm positive that it's impossible for you to be. I think you should go after it. Let the Lord use you :D I feel like this a lot of times about art that I make- that maybe if I'm just bold with it I can make things happen for God. Anyways, I really want to hear your songs! I love this verse: Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." -Matthew 19:26
It is so possible! :D
Aw thanks Lauren :)
and...I made a myspace music, if you want to check it out. There are just pieces of a few songs I've written I'll send you the link but you have to keep it to yourself! ahaha I'm not quite ready for the world to know what I sound like haha :)
I think you sound beautiful! And that's not just blowin smoke, you know me...I'm a terrible liar. I know it's really difficult to go out on a limb, but I think this is more like a tree house than a limb. You have an amazing voice, and I cant express that enough. I, however, don't have that great of a voice, but God has called me to lead...I swear He's tone deaf! "Man looks at the outward appearence, but God looks at the heart"; if you have the heart to do it for God, it shouldn't matter what everyone else thinks(they wouldn't think anything other than "she's got a great voice" but just roll with it). I'm looking forward to jammin with ya and finally hearing that angelic voice in person!
You gotta do it! God has given you a gift and don't limit how he wants to use it. I have recorded a few songs that i KNOW are horrible musically. Yet, a select group of friends that has those songs has said they have been huge at times they needed to hear truth spoken into their lives.
Yea! That excites me courtney. good for you
you are so amazing! I am soooo amazed and in love with your voice. haha. that sounds so weird. you are going to be a big star :D
Hey thanks lauren! I just got this comment :) haha
Post a Comment