12.03.2007

The Hide-and-Seek Darkness

So I wrote this song last night, on a whim. I picked up my guitar and started picking some random stuff and words actually came out and I was able to continue picking.
I just wrote what I said, tweaking a few words here and there.
But I think it's how I feel sometimes...in those low places, where I just want to be all light-happy-and-joyous appearing but I just don't feel that way. I wish, often, that I can just pull that "good attitude" out of my pocket. Like that's what a Christian is supposed to do. I know this isn't human-nature and it's not normal to be perky and happy all the time. The Lord lets us feel down. We do go through peaks and valleys. Sometimes I feel like it's a game of hide-and-seek...the happiness, lightness, and brighness of life goes away, so we have to seek it again, and in doing so we seek the Lord.
The song is in wont of more...which will likely come eventually. Right now I'm just excited at my first "full" picking song hah! This is the gist of it:

The Hide-and-Seek Darkness

I walk through life
Wondering where to find you
Where are you hiding
How about you come and find me

With your hair the same shade as mine
And a deeper shimmer in your eye
A laugh but an echo of mine
And a bigger more sincere smile

Where can I find you
My other self in warmer hue
A spirit so divine
And entertwined with heaven's light

Come shine through
The hide and seek darkness
12/02/07

5 comments:

Kayla said...

WOW! Nice background! How did you do that? I've been trying to figure the background thing out for months!!!

Courtney Day said...

i got it from a site...you can click the bright red strip at the top of my page that says Pyam or something like that and go there yourself...they have tons. haha

Tommy said...

No joke, I want to hear it

Courtney Day said...

no joke it probably sucks.
it's just mine.
so it doesn't sound so bad to me hahhh

Tommy said...

haha well I think it sounds good. I still really never got to hear your voice, so you should sing it