4.10.2007

A God Thing?

I've had so many thoughts lately about God, love; what faith really is and what trusting the Lord really means. Yet, I haven't come to any solid conclusion so far. Perhaps I never really will. After the Fall, nothing's perfect after all.

Well, one thought I've been struggling through, I suppose I could sum up as "coincidence". On one hand I know God puts his hand in every aspect of our life, but even the little minute things? I suppose he knows all the little minute hairs on our head, so what circumstance, no matter how small, wouldn't come from him as well, right? But I'm not always convinced. Some things just seem to small, too petty for the Almighty God to care about, you know? However, I suppose that's a sign of lacking faith.

Anyway, I've been mulling that over for a week or so now (it's apparently become a burden, which likely means I'm being convicted...) but today I actually had a haphazard experience to do with it. It's one of those simple, unmiraculous circumstances that someone likely wouldn't even notice unless they currently carried this burden as well. Yesterday my history teacher (He will be referred to simply as Legg from now on...) gave us a homework assignmen. Now these assignments are continually mini-research papers--basically easy, yet time consuming as I do like to be as thorough as time and practicality allow. Well, I would have started in class to get it over with, but I couldn't manage to hold on to any internet connections available on my laptop. When I got home from class and walking/feeding Kayla I had this intense, raging, border-line migraine, headache and went to bed and didn't think about the assignment again till late this morning. I knew after class I had a jam packed schedule, I didn't get out till 5:15 and then I went straight to Kayla's to feed/brush her, then home for a quick bite to eat, then to church till 9:30. No time to do the assigment. On my way to class I threw up a quick prayer while driving and listening to Delirious..."Hey Lord, if you want, could you just let me have internet access in class today? It would make it a whole lot easier to get to church tonight and everything ya know...". And that was it. I wasn't really expecting anything. But there were available connections and I acutally finished the whole paper in class with plenty of time to spare and even feel good about it. I didn't even miss anything important. By the time we got to the lecture, I was done! Now my question: God thing? or the concept of coincidence?

I really need to start trusting God with the little things in life too. I know it. Everything is intertwined with the Lord. Why is that such a hard concept to truly grasp though?

No comments: