So I finally got a chance to catch my mentor, Jenny Shaw, tonight at High School group. She's been in Mexico on vacation and a missions trip for the past two weeks and then the week before that she went to see Delirious...so we haven't gotten together in a while. But it's been fine. I think God's been teaching me to lean on him in times of trouble instead of other people. People, Jenny included, are really great too. But the Lord is the Ultimate.
Anyhow, why I'm updating:
Tomorrow at Higher Ground I'm giving my testimony. All the leaders have given theirs so far and now it's my turn. Here's the catch: Jenny told me tonight. Superrr. It's my life, so it shouldn't be that difficult. But I'm not the greatest speaker at all so pray that God will speak through and for me tomorrow to reach the kids in a way I uniquely can, as I'm closer to all their age groups than any of the other leaders! Still, middle schoolers can be vicious...haha I'm nervous...this is lame. God is faithful and I know he'll guide me through it. I really just want to impact these kids. Some of them are so lost and confused and I totally remember being there! Lord just use me...
4.17.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Woa that's awesome! I'm really excited for you and don't worry, you're going to do fine! I'll pray for ya though...never hurt. I miss Higher Ground, I remember the first day I went there. I was just dropping off a backpack and then I got sucked in the next week! How's it going there? Who all are the leaders?
Post a Comment