Mrs. DeBarrows was my old middle school P.E. teacher. I remember when I had her for homeroom in 6th grade. I was soooo scared! The lady is intimidating to say the least. However, as time progressed I really grew to love her! She's one of those women who has this intense strong-front about her, but when you break it down and crack her tough shell and make her laugh hysterically, you feel accomplished in life! Oh, and when you mention bumblebees too. She freaks. It's great.
Anyway, during spring break I heard the unfortunate news that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her husband, who wasn't fully in the picture all time anyway and there's a lot more where that story comes from, died just last year. Now, she's a single mo
m with a daughter in college and son who's my age as well. I was so broken for her. But I've been continually praying for her to see God's love for her through all these trials.I've also been praying a lot for Mrs. Rolf, who lost her best friend to cancer around two years ago, then helped Mrs. D through her husband's death, and now is faithfully by Mrs. DeBarrow's side through her breast cancer. What an inspiration Mrs. Rolf is though, really. How she's hanging in there and giving a lot out of herself to help her friends. I love that woman!
Anyway, today was Mrs. DeBarrow's surgery, a double mastectomy I believe. I haven't heard any word yet...but I've been praying for her at random times throughout my day and I can't wait to hear the news that she's okay and they got all the cancer. She'll be back full swing soon enough. Just in time for my brother to enter middle school :) A little tough love to keep that kid in line wouldn't do a bit of harm haha. At any rate, keep Mrs. DeBarrows in your prayers if you know her or just feel led to. She's an amazing woman and I have faith the Lord is being her Rock and softening her heart even more through this...I'm praying for that at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment