9.09.2007

Small Group

Pray for me!
I'm kind of stressed right now...which is mildly ridiculous.
The story:
Allie, Layne and I have been searching for a high school small group adult leader for months to no avail. Allie decided she feels God calling her to focus more on her Kid's Club ministry (plus school, and a job) and I don't know what Layne's story is but the point is, they aren't doing it anymore. I've never led a group before yet still feel like it may be something God wants me to do. John said Melinda Newkirk said she'd be an adult leader if need be and I need her! I don't know her well, but she's in her midforties or so and, so I've heard, is quite wise and will be able to help me out a lot...I'm intimidated, yes and do not want to go through with this if God is not going to be backing me up...if this is not a battle I'm supposed to fight I don't want to be left vulnerable and I don't want the girls in the group to suffer for it either! So please, if you think about it, pray that I would get a sense of clarity, understanding, and direction on where to go with this new leadership information. Am I really ready to take this on? Or is the devil just trying to get me not to? I don't know. I need the power of God here people--pray! hahhhh no but seriously...thanks ;)

No comments: