11.04.2007

Better than Any Drug

God is crazy! He's hilarious! I love how I come into his chambers with certain expectations and he blows them out of the water.


For our high school small group leadership meeting today, the healing center and prophesy team came in to pray for us. I love that. I get so anxious, anticipating what the Lord has to say to me and if he will at all. We began worshipping and the team started circulating in between us, scoping us all out and seeing where the Holy Spirit was leading them. A lady came up to me, early on, and began praying over me...I forgot her name. She prayed that the Holy Spirit would come, fall on me, dwell in me, and uncover spiritual gifts. Nothing happened when she prayed. I was slightly discouraged, but still open to what God had for me. She left and I continued to worship. Within a song or two the air started to thicken around me...I could no longer sing, I could no longer sway. I was still, my legs didn't seem to want to work and my mouth just wanted to be still. It was as if the Lord was taking all the energy from me and I was still and silenced before him. Shortly thereafter, as I was still in a state of stillness, two ladies came over. I think one of them was the first lady. She had said she felt led to me in the beginning and I suppose she felt led again. I could definitely feel the Holy Spirit surrounding me and my goodness is it powerful and amazing. I cannot put it into words. I can hardly even try. A lady spoke behind me "Precious", she said and began laying hands on me, speaking in tongues. The first lady, as well, laid hands. Between the two of them I was surrounded and the power radiated. My hands were lifted, as they had remained throughout, and I soon got this heat sensation in them. But it was strange, it was just in a circle in the center of my palm...this warm light pulsing feeling. I began to shake. First my hands, then my whole body. Then I was calming down and twice almost fell. Had not the ladies held me up I would have gone down. The power was amazing.


The last prayer session like this I was filled with fire and heat and yet, at the same time, a sense of floating and complete peace. I went into wanting to shake.


This time I went into it rather expecting to be at peace and not to shake. This time I shook.


The Lord is funny like that.


And the Lord is so fulfilling.


I am realizing I have not been doing the best job for this small group. I have not been inviting the Holy Spirit to come and dwell with us. I have not been expecting and earnestly desiring. I have been going along with the motions, forgetting that allowing the Holy Spirit to work, giving the Lord time to actually come is the most important part. Not my message, no matter how annointed I think it may be. The Holy Spirit needs room. Those girls deserve a leader who will allow it. And I need to step it up and draw nearer to the Lord.





Nights like these are the best.


Refreshment, rejuvenation, Hope.


Man, the Lord is Good.




3 comments:

lauren lee said...

The Holy Spirit is so amazing! I had a similar experience the other night at home fellowship. It wasn't as intense as you described... but it is just so hard to explain... so very hard to put into words that feeling that the Spirit brings over you. I love it. It is such a great thing to share! It is seriously just so amazing and real to be standing in God's presence. I'm excited for you :D

manda said...

so i dont remember if i talkred to you about this or not...but i always have a heavy or hot circle in the palm of my hand when i worship or the Holy Spirit is heavy...i wonder what that means...?

Courtney Day said...

no you never told meeee but we should find out :)