He managed to completely clear out my day today and handled everything that I did end up having to do, quite well. Surprise, surprise at his perfect-ness.
Yet today He showed me how easily all of it can be gone. How he can truly change the tides and how He can truly take care of everything. And the everything we know is just doesn't compare to what He has for us. What can mortal man do to me? Can I add a single hour to my life by worrying? Can the Lord calm the storm? Can I take refuge in Him when things are going crazy...when my emotions are up and down just as much as my hectic schedule? Of course. Praise the Lord. Seriously though. Praise Him for being able to take your plate and
dump it...make it crystal clean and sparkling. Praise Him for being capable and compassionate. I have today. He works things out for good. Tis true. And it takes a climax like the last few days to make a person realize that she just has to depend on Him, that she can't do it alone...this whole lifeboat thing.
dump it...make it crystal clean and sparkling. Praise Him for being capable and compassionate. I have today. He works things out for good. Tis true. And it takes a climax like the last few days to make a person realize that she just has to depend on Him, that she can't do it alone...this whole lifeboat thing.I feel like these merchants I read about in Psalms 107:23-32. They went out to sea and saw the wonderful works of the Lord...but the Lord brought about a storm at sea. Even in the midst of his beautiful work, the merchants began to be fearful, they lost courage. They didn't know what to do...but then they cried out the the Lord and he delivered them. He completely stilled the storm and the crew praised the L
ord with all their hearts as the Lord lead them to their destination.
ord with all their hearts as the Lord lead them to their destination.I'm in the midst of the great things God is doing in my life...his great workmanship. I'm in a great school, a fantastic opportunity with some of the best people. I'm a leader, as I have, deep down, always longed to be, just never had the courage or avenues as I do now. Yet even here, I am hounded, I am hit by storms, projects building up and ministry duties piling high...I feel like I'm sinking...I don't know what to do and I am fearful at failing. But the last two days I have been crying out to the Lord and he has helped me...erased my worries and my stress level has plummeted. It's great! And I know that this is just a part of the journey...this is a part of growth. The Lord cannot perform in his power if I don't fall short--there would be no need. And I do fall short, just by being human, and just by not having enough hands, arms, legs, ears, mouths, and hours in the day, for that matter.
He has cleared the weather and, although it is not going to always be, it's smooth sailing...for now...
Next I just pray he'll just clear out my sinuses...achoooo
-cday


2 comments:
Courtney, whenever i read your blogs i am encouraged to hear how you have grown and stepped. it is no doubt God is evidently working in your life by the way you talk. Hope things are going well. Sounds like you are loving college except for the work... true statement?
Thanks Brent :) That means a lot. I have always grown up looking at you and your family as inspiration to lead a Godly lifestyle when so many around me are missing out on so much he has to offer.
And college is amazing...even the work...just stressful at times! But really I am so blessed, school has never been a hard thing for me; I've basically always enjoyed it.
Hope everything is well with you!
Post a Comment