4.20.2007

Rainy Days

Alright, so this morning was great. I don't even know why. It was just amazing. I was driving to class, in the drizzle, thinking Today I am at peace with life! Then I immediately thought about all the things I had to do when I got home: Like clean the kitchen and my room. But hey, guess what, who cares? It'll get done and the world will keep on spinning.
My day was great.

I woke up a little late, got ready, and was off to Pepper Drive to intern for Mrs. MacIntosh, my old third grade teacher who I've kept contact with throughout the years. I'm going on a trip to San Francisco to visit some colleges (which I'm honestly not entirely interested in...but still want to go hah). Mrs. MacIntosh brought me a cute little carry on bag for the plane since I don't have one. How awesome is she? But in her class there's two particular kids right now, Dylan and Matthew and I seriously can't take them! They're too stinkin cute. That's beside the point though. I did my regular routine of grading multiplication tests, and then left for chemistry in an oddly chipper mood. Then I realized I'm always like that when I leave Pepper Drive. But do I really want to pursue being a teacher? I'm still not sure.
Tonight I got home and relieved my parents from watching Connor. It's their 23 or 24th wedding anniversary so they went out to breakfast this morning, and dinner tonight. While they were out I helped Connor with a research project on the liver that's due sometime next week. He better get an A+ man. Then we went in the garage and I got some canvases down from my closet and we painted for...hours. The time flew! It was so fun :) My painting, I'm afraid to say, is just not great. I lacked the vision while beginning and, well, it's just blah. Connor's is, of course, great. He painted a bowl of peanuts. Still, I have rekindled a passion and I'm so glad :)
Really great day...and, to top it off, I got the news late last night that Mrs. DeBarrows recieved the best report possible after her surgery...praise God or what? The best report possible? Are you kidding me right now...If that's not a God thing I don't know what is!

I also rediscovered Jars of Clay...love them!

1 comment:

Tommy said...

I really miss Pepper! I want to go back, ya lucky duck!

A bowl of peanuts? Yeah that's odd

That's awesome about Mrs. D though, I cant wait to tell everyone on sunday!