10.11.2007

God is Faithful

I just got home from the high school small group I'm leading and it was amazing!
I have never given a message before to people my own age. I used to really be afraid to speak up, to talk to peers at all. Last year I grew a ton and completely came out of my shell. Tonight I was sooo nervous. I prepared this message that I just wasn't sure about (the notes are in the post below..."What Does God Think About Your Feet?"). I didn't know if it was too remedial or if the metaphor would go right over the girl's heads. I had no clue! But the verse I based it off of had really jumped out at me...as Allie reminded me tonight "The Word of God is alive...and sometimes it's freaking scary" (hah!). In other words, I knew it was a topic I needed to speak about, an idea I needed to convey...clearly! But that was the problem, I didn't know if I would be able to. But I think I did...and I wasn't even nervous.
My whole stress about leading this group is based upon whether or not I would be able to effectively give messages. I'm not perfect...I'll grow and need to, but God is faithful! He told me to do this group and I did not really want to. I did not initially have a passion for the girls, but doors opened and prophesies were given. I obeyed...and yeah, I had little faith...but I did have some. I went in trusting, knowing I had to be there for a reason.
After tonight I can really see this thing working out and I can really see myself learning more and more to let God speak to and through me, using this small group as an avenue. I'm thankful and really glad I'm doing this. God is good :)

No comments: