10.12.2007
Prayer Meetings
So my school has only 34 or so kids in the senior class and senior class meets before junior class, from 9:30-12:20 in the morning/afternoon. We all have random classes at random other times of the day, except for Friday. So we chose Friday as a day when a group of about 6 of us would regularly meet at 9:00 to support, strengthen and build eachother, as well as our entire school, and Grossmont College, through prayer. We don't have a Christian club at our school, but we only have thirty students. I mean, yeah, we could pull it off...maybe we could get there at 8:30am instead and spend 15 minutes on a message and 15 minutes maybe even worshipping...someone (even me) could easily bring a guitar. Who knows, maybe it could happen. But the point of this post was to document a possibly great thing as a result of us meeting this morning. A kid in our class, who we'll call Stan...haha, is kind of...different. He has very strong opinions about things and, to my knowledge, is either atheist or agnostic. I think he told us once, but I forgot. At any rate, he walked up to us before we started praying this morning and we were all just chatting. But then I was like "...Hey, let's start praying! Does anyone have anything they need prayer for?" Stan starts to get up and says "I see, kick out the nonreligious kid" but I was like..."wait no way, you can totally stay! It's open to any and everyone!" He was hesitant and said "I'm not into the whole praying thing...I don't like it, never really tried it either" or something like that. Tyler, one of the regulars, was like, "Well, you might not want to come to class then...because I'm not gonna lie, I pray all the time in there" Stick it to the man Tyler! Stan sat down and was like..."Good point, I guess I'll stay." So he did. And he even gave a prayer request, for his cousin, Tenessa (I think) who's Grandma (a mother-figure) just passed away. It was awesome to at least indirectly lift him up and thank Jesus Stan came. I really think this kid is just searching for some kind of self validation, someone to look at him and think he's worth it, has a purpose. Basic self-discovery stuff that will really help him if he starts turning to God. So lift him up if you think about it...but his name's not Stan. But God knows that haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Question: Is this the guy who CLAIMS to be a switch hitter? Cuz I really don't think he is!
im really bummed i totally forgot last week...i will be there tomorow...it will be good. God is usuing us, even when we dont know it...and it is crazzy...
and danng i wasnt there 2 weeks ago eartiler...i was on a trip...man i stinkkk...i will be there.
oh man that is soooo kool
Post a Comment