I had a dream about high school last night.
All of us middle college kids were sitting around in a circle.
I was dozing off, but kids were talking and writing things on the board.
The lights were turned off.
Legg was lying on his belly near me.
Sam Spevack started to lecture us in Japanese and then he started mumbling
and I was losing it.
He noticed and pointed it out.
Then Flick starts talking about Courtney A.
Except I felt like he was talking about me.
And he starts crying and saying all this stuff about God, too.
And I just kept eating my lemon cake.
The lights were still turned off.
Cathy sits in front of me.
It's more like a sit/stand because I can't tell the difference
in this dream.
She starts backing up what Flick had just said,
as he wipes his eyes.
And she says stuff about God and how Courtney's little brother
has been impacted, too.
And I just ate my lemon cake,
thinking that all this applies to me,
but I don't want to be vain.
He wrote Courtney A. on the board.
Or...wait? Was it a J?
So I keep glancing behind him to see if it's an A.
or a J. and I'm looking past him and not at him.
And Cathy leans down and starts picking up the crumbs
that are dropping from my lemon cake
and she's picking them up off the floor and
putting them on my stockings.
I totally had stockings on.
They were black with a red and greenish 80's pattern on them.
She smeared them into my stockings and I sat there
and nervously laughed
and told her twice that I would clean my own mess up
she didn't have to worry,
I'd take care of it.
And it was so embarrassing because I was gorging my face out
with this cake
and I didn't see the crumbs, but she did.
I was making a mess, and I didn't see it.
Rachele was sitting in the corner knitting and shaking
her head to all this.
She was losing it now.
And then the dream ended and I have no idea what,
if anything, it meant.
But I woke up missing Legg and Cathy
and Middle College.
It hit me, I think, 2 weeks late.
Dreams are something so we never have to say goodbye.
6.14.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that's one detailed dream, and there seems to be a lot of meaning tied in. Crazy beans!
that sure is a detailed dream. haha. man, i wish i could remember my dreams. at least, some of them. see, in the past couple of weeks, i've only remembered remembering my dream twice, but then i forget what it is. if that makes any sense. haha. long story short, it is rare that i remember.
Post a Comment